A great meatballs recipe to try !
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. salad oil
- 1 can (about 14 oz.) chopped tomatoes
- 2 1/2 qt. regular strength beef broth
- Meatballs (recipe follows)
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 or 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 c. uncooked white rice
In a 5 to 6 quart pan on medium heat, combine onion, garlic, cumin and oil. Stir often until onion is golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth. Cover and bring to boiling on high heat. Add meatballs and rice. Simmer gently, uncovered 25 to 30 minutes. Stir cilantro into soup. Ladle soup into bowls and squeeze in lime to taste. Makes 3 1/2 quarts. 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. uncooked white rice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin