- 2 lbs. lean ground beef (can use 1/2 beef and 1/2 turkey)
- 1 package Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup flavored bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
Mix together meatball ingredients and shape into small meatballs and place into a good size baking pan.
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1 bottle Heinz chili sauce
- 1 bottle of water (use chili sauce bottle)
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 c. red wine (optional)
Mix together ingredients for sweet & sour sauce in a sauce pan and simmer until well blended.
Pour sweet and sour sauce over meatballs. Bake 2 1/2 hours at 350 degrees turning meatballs every half hour.
Meatballs can be kept warm in a slow cooker or a crock pot.This recipe also freezes well. The meatballs recipe is ready to serve....nice one ! Enjoy it !